The NYU-SCPS Dorothy Durkin Torch Circle
If you are a frequent student in our classrooms or online, you may be eligible to enjoy the benefits of the NYU-SCPS Dorothy Durkin Torch Circle. Qualified students are those who have enrolled in five or more courses in the last six semesters.* Once you have met this criteria, you will receive an invitation from NYU-SCPS to participate.
The NYU-SCPS Dorothy Durkin Torch Circle was named in honor of the late associate dean who led NYU-SCPS Strategic Marketing and Communications for more than four decades. Dorothy firmly believed that education could transform individuals personally and professionally, and she was a strong advocate for enhancing the educational experience of those who embrace the concept of lifelong learning.
NYU-SCPS Dorothy Durkin Torch Circle offers the following benefits to students who meet the above membership criteria:
- A 15 percent discount on eligible noncredit courses.
- A complimentary Career, Education, and Life Planning course valued at up to $200.
- Two free Career Strategy Sessions with a career coach.
- Invitations to NYU-SCPS special events and networking opportunities throughout the semester.
Determining Torch Circle Status
If you have received a communication that you qualify for this discount, we urge you to enroll online by visiting /login.htm. If you already have an account, simply log in and register. If you have not established an SCPS online account, please create one using your UID/NID. It will be located on your NYU ID card or on a previous NYU-SCPS bill. Your discount will automatically be applied at check out. You also may register by phone (212) 998-7150, or by mail.
Torch Circle Policies and Restrictions
- Noncredit courses that qualify for Torch Circle must each have a value of $400 or more.
- This offer cannot be transferred to someone else.
- The discount does not apply to courses for which you have previously registered.
- The discount applies to most NYU-SCPS noncredit courses; however, a small number of courses are restricted from the use of discounts. Courses taught by Professor Richard Brown are excluded from this offer. No other discounts may be applied.
- May not be used by NYU employees in conjunction with tuition remission.
If you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 998-7150.