Frequently Asked Questions
Filter FAQ by Division
Filter FAQ by Question Category
What does the Admissions Committee look for in an application?
The Admissions Committee reviews each application holistically, as we acknowledge and respect that each individual demonstrates qualifications in a unique way. The admission process is selective, and McGhee applicants are evaluated on their ability to benefit from, and contribute to, the robust learning environment that the Division offers.
The Admissions Committee welcomes applicants who are at different stages in their personal lives and professional careers, and who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Motivation to learn and to succeed in a university environment
- Self-direction in setting goals and meeting deadlines
- Maturity, responsibility, and focus
- Intellectual curiosity about the world in which we live
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
For more information on the admissions process and application requirements, please visit the Apply to McGhee section of the website.Bookmark This Link