Apply to a Graduate Program
Thank you for your interest in graduate study at the NYU School of Professional Studies. Our admission process is selective, and applicants are evaluated individually, based upon their ability to benefit from, and contribute to, the challenging learning environment that the School offers.
Once you have explored the NYU School of Professional Studies online or in person, and have decided upon your course of study, carefully review the step-by-step overview of the admissions process below and apply.
If you have questions about admissions or a program of study you are considering, we invite you to contact one of our admissions counselors, or call us at 212-998-7100.
1. Confirm that you are eligible to apply
The NYU School of Professional Studies master’s degree programs are open to qualified candidates who hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university.
2. Note important dates on your calendar
Because the Office of Admissions operates on a rolling admissions basis, graduate applications are reviewed throughout the year, so you may apply at any time. However, we recommend adhering to the application submission dates (below) to allow you to begin your studies in the term to which you applied.
3. Prepare and submit your application
- Gather your supporting materials.
- Fill out your online application and upload supporting materials.
- Application materials may be sent via email to nyusps.AdmissionsDocs@nyu.edu or mailed to the Office of Admissions at 7 East 12th Street, New York, NY 10003.
- Send materials that do not have corresponding electronic formats to the Office of Admissions.
After submitting your online application, you will receive an email confirmation that includes instructions for checking your application status.
4. Explore financial aid options
5. Await your admissions decision
Typically, an admission decision is rendered within two to four weeks of the submission of your completed application beginning in:
- March for the fall semester
- September for the spring semester
- February for the summer semester
Meet the Admissions Team
Graduate Application Deadlines
(excluding Schack Institute of Real Estate and Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport)
Graduate Application Deadlines
(Schack Institute of Real Estate and Preston Robert Tisch Institute for Global Sport)
Note: Summer intake is not available for the MS in Global Affairs; MS in Global Security, Conflict, and Cybercrime; MS in Hospitality Industry Studies; MS in Integrated Marketing; MS in Professional Writing; MS in Public Relations and Corporate Communications; MS in Publishing: Digital and Print Media; MS in Sports Business; MS in Tourism Management; or MS in Translation.
6. Secure your visa and other important documents
- Compile evidence of ability to finance your education in the United States.
- Complete and return the Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE) included in your acceptance letter.
- File for your visa with the U.S. Department of State.
- Prepare for your transition into the NYU School of Professional Studies community by reviewing the NYU Guide for International Students.
Ready To Proceed?