Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies – Financial Aid Options
In this section, you will find an overview of financial aid opportunities. To discuss these options further, prospective students are invited to email us your questions or to call an NYU School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions counselor at (212) 998-7100.
More aid opportunities are available online and through the NYU Office of Financial Aid.
Explore Scholarships Online
Below, we have provided some helpful links for researching scholarship opportunities.
- College Board
- NY Scholarships and Grants
- Petersons Scholarship Search
- Sallie Mae
- Scholarship Experts
Please note the information presented by such services is not verified or endorsed by New York University.
NYU School of Professional Studies Scholarships for New Students
Qualified students may be awarded up to $7,000 per academic year. These scholarships are based upon financial need and academic potential and are awarded after completing the FAFSA. No additional application is necessary.
If you are a new student in the process of applying for admission, please note that priority consideration is given to applicants with a complete application for admission on file by the recommended application submission date for their intended term of entry. However, all eligible applicants with a complete application on file by the final application deadline will be considered.
The late Leon Shimkin rose through the ranks in the elite world of New York City book publishing—starting out as a bookkeeper, he eventually became the chairman of the board and owner of Simon & Schuster. He also was a one of the founders of Pocket Books. During his early career he completed his degree at NYU by taking evening classes. Deeply committed to supporting non-traditional students in their academic pursuits, he established this scholarship fund to provide tuition assistance to newly admitted McGhee students who demonstrate academic promise and financial need.
To be considered for this scholarship:
- You must have been admitted into an associates or bachelors degree program with the NYUSPS Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies.
- If applying for a fall semester scholarship, you must have been admitted to the NYUSPS Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies for the same fall semester, OR deferred enrollment to the same fall semester after having been admitted for an earlier semester.
- If applying for a spring semester scholarship, you must have been admitted to the Division for the same spring semester, OR deferred enrollment to the same spring semester after having been admitted for an earlier semester.
- You must not have begun taking courses with the NYUSPS Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies.
- You must have filed a completed FAFSA application to demonstrate financial need in the academic year of the award.
- You must complete the online application form and submit a personal essay. (Please Note: The scholarship form and instructions are only made available upon acceptance to the NYUSPS Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies.)
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- NYUSPS Division of Applied Undergraduate Studies students may participate in the NYU National Scholarship Competitions.
- The Scholarship reference books in the Division’s scholarship library at 7 East 12th Street provide additional scholarship opportunities
- Many scholarship opportunities for continuing students are available.
- Community college students from the tri-state area may be eligible for the Division's Community College Transfer Opportunity Program (CCTOP) Scholarship.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) scholarships also are available to new transfer students with a minimum 3.8 cumulative GPA. You must be able to provide a copy of your PTK certificate, your final transcript, and a letter from your community college advisor stating you are in good standing with PTK.
Ready To Proceed?