Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
English is spoken as a second language by over half a billion people and is the most commonly studied foreign language worldwide. Taught in thousands of schools in the United States and in public and private settings in nearly every nation on Earth, English is the most widely used language in the fields of science, business, academia, and tourism and is the number-one language used on the Internet. The English language learning market is one of the fastest-growing education sectors.
The two-semester, blended (mix of online and in-person) Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) provides candidates with the theoretical background and practical, hands-on teaching skills necessary to pursue a highly rewarding career as a teacher of English as a second or foreign language at language schools or in private settings in the United States and in countries all over the world.
- Develop the ability to structure a course, write a syllabus, and create lesson plans for teaching English
- Acquire the knowledge to identify appropriate teaching materials and modify them, as needed
- Practice effective classroom-management skills
- Learn skills to incorporate regular assessment, analysis, and redesign into the teaching/learning process
- Study current teaching methods for creating a learner-centered classroom environment