Apply to the Paul McGhee Division
Thank you for your interest in the NYU School of Professional Studies Paul McGhee Division. Our admissions process is selective, and McGhee applicants are evaluated individually on their ability to benefit from, and contribute to, the robust learning environment that the Division offers.
The Admissions Committee welcomes applicants who are at different stages in their personal lives and professional careers, and who demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Motivation to learn and to succeed in a university environment
- Self-direction in setting goals and meeting deadlines
- Maturity, responsibility, and focus
- Intellectual curiosity about the world in which we live
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
Once you have explored all that the Paul McGhee Division has to offer, carefully review the step-by-step overview of the admissions process below and apply.
If you have questions about admissions, credit transfer from previously attended institutions of higher learning, or credit for life experience, we invite you to contact one of our admissions counselors, or call us at 212-998-7100.
1. Confirm that you are eligible to apply
The undergraduate degrees of the NYU School of Professional Studies Paul McGhee Division are open to all qualified candidates who are at least 19 years of age. Students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply to pursue a degree from the Division.
Recommended Application Submission Dates
International Early Decision: Feb 1
International Final Date: April 15
Domestic Early Decision: Jul 1
Domestic Final Date: Aug 15
International Early Decision: Aug 15
International Final Date: Oct 1
Domestic Early Decision: Nov 1
Domestic Final Date: Jan 15
International Early Decision: Jan 15
International Final Date: Mar 1
Domestic Early Decision: Apr 1
Domestic Final Date: May 1
2. Note important dates on your calendar
Because the Office of Admissions operates on a rolling admissions basis, applications for the Paul McGhee Division are reviewed throughout the year, so you may apply at any time. However, we recommend adhering to the application submission dates (at right) to allow you to begin your studies in the term to which you applied.
3. Prepare and submit your application
- Gather your supporting materials.
- Fill out your online application and upload supporting materials.
- Send materials that do not have corresponding electronic formats to the Office of Admissions.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirmation that includes instructions for checking your application status.
4. Explore financial aid options
5. Await your admissions decision
Typically, an admission decision is rendered within two to four weeks of the submission of your complete application beginning in:
- March for the fall semester
- September for the spring semester
- February for the summer semester
6. Learn more about credit for prior learning
Find out if you are eligible to earn credit for previous work, study, or life experiences.
7. Apply for readmission to McGhee
If you were previously enrolled in the McGhee Division and would like to apply for readmission, please complete the McGhee Application for Readmission. Additional information can be found at Readmission to McGhee.
8. Secure your visa and other important documents
- Compile evidence of ability to finance your education in the United States.
- Complete and return the Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFOCE) included in your acceptance letter.
- File for your visa with the U.S. Department of State.
- Prepare for your transition into the NYU School of Professional Studies community by reviewing the NYU Guide for International Students.
Ready To Proceed?